[Sca-cooks] Scrumpy'n'stuff.

Ruth Frey ruthf at uidaho.edu
Wed Aug 1 10:55:30 PDT 2001

> "Hrolf Douglasson" <Hrolf at btinternet.com> wrote:

> In this country they have urban legends about the best containing drowned
> rats or dogs.

	Ah, yes -- like the "mouse"catel produced once by
a friend of a friend (not an urban legend!!).  Unfortunately,
the "secret ingredient" wasn't discovered until almost the
entire batch had been consumed (making several folks rather
ill in the process).  I'm just glad I missed that one . . .

> We always have to warn our American guests about the alcoholic content of
> cider because yours is maidens water.:-)

	The commercially-produced stuff, yes, but I've had some
pretty stong locally-produced homebrew cider.  Then there's
applejack . . . I recall a gentleman I know who even produced twice-
jacked applejack once.  He started out with 2 gallons of juice and ended
up with about a pint of jack.  It was memorable.  :)

		-- Ruth