[Sca-cooks] No sh*t, there THEY were in my kitchen......

Anne du Bosc mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 04:50:01 PDT 2001

Estrella XIV is remembered by most of us as "The
Monsoon War".
We'd set up camp in this lovely little glade with
honest-to-goodness TREES in it.  (not really a
common thing in the Valley of the Sun.  There
were two things wrong with it that were not
readily noticible when we set up:
1. It was infested with these little burrowing
mammals (chipmunks or groundhogs or prairie dogs,
I never was sure which) that had a tendency to
pop up in odd places, such as under the leg of a
heavily laden table, or right next to your face
as you were sleeping.
2. It became a rapidly flowing, 18 inch deep
creek when the rains came.
It was a sad sight to find the little ones
drowned in their holes the next morning amidst
the wreckage of our encampment.

=====
Anne du Bosc
known as Mordonna the Cook