[Sca-cooks] Re: Food gifts

Sandragood at aol.com Sandragood at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 22:44:19 PDT 2001

Brighid ni Chiarain said :

> That being said, you should not hesitate to offer the pickles as
> gifts.  Any Jewish friends you have will know that you are not
> Jewish, and they will respond according to their own level of
> observance.

This is very true.  Last year a friend invited us to their Hannakuh
celebration.  I was a little shocked.  Don't ask me why because I don't know.
 I had a new recipe for rugala(sp?) and decided to make some and take it with
us.  I even took some blue waxed paper and cut a Star of David shape to line
the dish.  I was surprised when she put it on the table with the other
desserts.  I knew she would try them because we have cooked together many
times.  I didn't expect her to share them with all her guests.  I received
many complements that night.  It made me feel good.  I was able to give a
gift and it was received in the manner it was meant.