[Sca-cooks] Re:Adamantius Quote OT OOP

Ann sheltons at conterra.com
Tue Aug 14 21:27:44 PDT 2001

Adamantius:

Since the list has veered onto baseball, I wanted to ask you about the quote
you attach to your posts, e.g.:

> "It was so blatant that Roger threw at him.  Clemens gets away with
> things that get other people thrown out of games.  As long as they
> let him get away with it, it's going  to continue." -- Joe Torre, 9/98

 I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I'm missing something on this quote.
Torre is complaining about Clemens throwing at batters, but isn't he
Clemens' manager on the Yankees?  So why is he complaining about one of his
own players?  That sounds more like something you'd be hearing from Bobby
Valentine after the bat throwing incident last fall.  Or is this a quote
from before Clemens was traded to the Yankees?

John