[Sca-cooks] apprenticeship

Marion MacGregor flame_macgregor at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 09:05:53 PDT 2001

So, here's a question to y'all at large...

I'm a mundane chef by trade.  I did school, then apprenticeship in a
private club in Montreal, QC, then worked for years in the field.  I've
been out of that field for 6 or so years now.

It kinda grates me a little to think of the fact that if I want any kind of
"recognition" in the SCA, I'd have to apprentice again.  Also, I admit my
near total ignorance of how a cooking apprenticeship in the SCA involves.

Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas/comments on what my next step could/should be?

BTW, I'm in the Chicagoland area, if any of you on the list happens to be
allowed and able to take on someone as an apprentice, please let me know,
I'd love to talk to you :-)

Thanks

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout

Greetings,
It has been my experince so far that "the teacher will seek the student"  It is true that your Mistress/Master can help you along the path of "recoginitation" if that it what you seek. It is the indivdual Laurels' that decide how they want to keep their relationship with their apprentices .( Basicaly there are no set rules)   In my case I tend to be a self starter which works fantastic with myself and my Mistress.  However, my goals are diffrent than yours.  Get in touch with your local Senchel and get involved locally.  In search for recogniton?  I am not sure I understand... If it is awards you seek I have no suggestions.  I can only suggest that perhaps you take time to enjoy the SCA.

In Service to the Dream,

Lady Marion MacGregor

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.