[Sca-cooks] Re: Period Ices/Sorbets/Cold Treats?

Thu Aug 2 07:33:06 PDT 2001

I'm glad you recognize the fact that being sanctioned in a major market
tends to make colonial economies sell more competitively in the markets
which are open to them.

I suspect the price differential really isn't sanction driven.  Germany has
a higher per capita percentage of Islamic residents than the U.S.  This
means the volume of trade goods directed at the local Islamic markets will
higher for Germany than for the U.S., with a resultant reduction in over all
costs.  Factor in the differences in transportation and distribution costs
and the basic cost of getting these particular goods to market is higher in
the U.S. than in Germany.

Bear