[Sca-cooks] To Cook a 'Coon

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 2 13:17:51 PDT 2001

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

> Actually, this was part of a saying friends of my father's would say, when
> we lived in Senegal:
> I'll eat anything that moves, except missionaries, can't render them
> tender" :-)

"Try the friar...
Fried, they're drier!

No, the clergy is really
too coarse and too mealy.

Then actor,
that's compacter.

Yes, and always
arrives overdone!

I'll come again when you
have judge on the menu!

Have charity toward the world, my pet!
	Yes, yes, I know, my love!

We'll take the customers that we can get!
	High born, and low, my love!

We'll not descriminate great from small --
	No, we'll serve anyone --
	Meaning ANYone --
	And to ANYone --
	At all!"

Stephen Sondheim, "A Little Priest", _Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of
Fleet Street_, 1979

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy