[Sca-cooks] To Cook a 'Coon

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Fri Aug 3 07:13:46 PDT 2001

At 09:04 AM 8/3/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/2/01 3:01:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mark.s.harris at motorola.com writes:
>
><< If your Minister/Mistress
>  of Children at Pennsic proposes a meal plan for your kids
>  with lots of that Pennsic sweet corn, perhaps you should
>  keep your eyes open. >>
>
>Why? Raccoon is  a very tasty animal. I don't see why anyone would worry
>about their kids eating it anymore than they would worry about them eating
>any other meat. The same is to be said for opossum.

Ras, I think the point here is that if the Minister/stress of Kids proposes
to feed the kids lots of sweet corn, and you usualy feed sweet corn to
racoon to fatten them before eating them, perhaps, just perhaps, the
Minister/stress of Kids has ulterior motives...   The idea being not to to
feed the children but to perhaps use them as food once they are nicely
fattened by all that corn.

Just a wild theory :-)

As I usually tell my friends:  "I love kids...  They are great with gravy!"

Muiredach mac Loloig
Rokkehealden Shire
aka
Nicolas Steenhout