[Sca-cooks] Jonathan Swift was an Optimist

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Fri Aug 3 10:18:38 PDT 2001

    Weep? You'd better start sobbing hysterically. I have a copy of an 8th
grade final exam from 1895 that I'll be willing to bet that VERY few people
on this list could pass. And on the whole, I'd also be willing to bet that
as a group, we're a LOT better educated than the mooing masses being granted
high school or even college "diplomas". If you like, I'll post it for your
enjoyment. Then consider what an "8th grade education" meant then as opposed
to now.

    Sieggy