[Sca-cooks] another question

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Sat Aug 4 10:34:24 PDT 2001

    Greetings all!!

    Searching for something different to serve for soup,  I came across
"canabenez/ canabens"  the glossary says a white bean,  would that mean
cannellini?

   >> leaving for Pennsic &  want list of cook books!  basic beginner
already cook books on period cookery.  So far  I have: "Take A Thousand Eggs
"  & the "Miscalanie".  Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord<<

  _1000 Eggs_ &  _Miscellany_  are an excellant start.   _An Ordinance of
Pottage_ edited by Constance B.  Hieatt is another good one  {tho the
lessons learned from that book is to COMPARE  the original with the
redaction  -- there are leaps of imagination there!}   Milham's  version of
Apicus,  T.  Sculley's books:  _Medieval French Cookery_ and another title
that doesn't come quickly to mind {but at least you have authors/editors}

        Caointiarn