[Sca-cooks] Re: Re: Re: A Pennsic Shopping List?

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Aug 6 07:44:51 PDT 2001

    Thanks, I'll check it out.  I must admit I haven't been following the
list closly the past couple of months.  Work has been fairly intense (still
doing 80 hours/week & I started training 2 part timers so I can have one
weekend a month off to do events & 2 nights/month to go to
jeweler/metalsmithing school), Aelfwine's illness (who Arastorm reports is
now in remission & will be at Pennsic in his usual spot- stop in & see
them), my adult daughters lives (one is 17 weeks pregnant , the other had an
Opening of an exhibit of her photos & is at a newsphotographers seminar in
Norfolk, VA this week), the move to the new apartment, being sick for a week
& the question of IF I was going to get off for Pennsic kind of consumed all
of my energy.  Now all I have to do is find a girlfriend at Pennsic & I'll
have all my hours covered<;^}Oh, yea, yesterday, the Canton's Chaterlane is
steping up to be the drop dead deputy for the Senechal, so she asked me if
was interested in her job & I may be doing a day board for an event in Jan.
    I'll check the web site out at home I'm at work now & the system here is
realy slow.  It sounds very interesting though.
    So food content?  Well I found a product at Walmart last night I am
going to test.  They called it charcoal logs- real charcaol no fillers or
binders.  I plan to take one of the Smoker grills to use as an oven so I'll
give it a test (I will also be testing it's use in period metal casting).  I
also managed to pick up a thermometer for the grill.  Any suggestions for
what to take to the pot luck?
Hej!
Olaf
who leaves for the War on the 9th!