[Sca-cooks] Baseball (oop Ot) WAS To Cook a 'Coon

Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 7 08:06:06 PDT 2001

DeeWolff at aol.com wrote:

> So if we have to talk baseball How about we talk about what we would serve
> instead of the usual fare??

Hmmm. Probably hand-held foods would be best.

Lessee now.

Beef on kummelweck with horseradish. (Although this borders on the usual
fare, in some places.)

Maybe Amoy Popia (kind of like the Southern Chinese/Malaysian version of
the Vietnamese unfried "summer roll"), various cooked/shredded meats and
vegetables, chopped, toasted peanuts, shredded omelette, etc., rolled up
into a fresh wheat-flour wrapper.

How about some chilled moules mariniere (mussels steamed with white
wine, shallots, the usual suspects)?

Montauk tautog/blackfish/wrasse (no, not Ras) in seviche, drained and
rolled up in lettuce leaves.

Semi-boneless quail marinated with thyme and olive oil, stuffed with
Taleggio cheese and grilled. Or squab.

And, just to be perverse, a nice Waldorf Salad.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com