[Sca-cooks] Re: modem foo, was Sweet corn (OOP)

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Wed Aug 8 12:39:47 PDT 2001

my fire wall is recording about 40 hits per hour, most in a 'broadcast'
mode. That takes bandwidth away.  If we follow the [not-so] Evil Admin
Person[s] advise and *trim the excess* from our own chatter .... it will
reduce the download time for those still on a phone modem.  Put in "Snip..."
notes, and target the bits you are responding to. Different recipes are
great, but 9 copies floating about with "Me three.." and  "my sauce". That's
what brings the Web to a crawl. Lard and Fat not needed here.

Additional note: Code Red targets NT & Win-2000 servers [mostly] and they
are what your ISP use to drive *your* msg across the net. Yes, there are
'other' machine then them, YMMV.  Ru