[Sca-cooks] pot luck

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Aug 13 16:54:32 PDT 2001

Johnnae llyn Lewis sends greetings.
I guess I can't contribute a dish here because
I haven't made jell-o since March 1999 when I made up over 23 gallons.

Why does one make up 23 plus gallons of jell-o?
It was March Is Reading Month at the local school
and I got the nice principal to promise
that if the children read 3000 hours then she would jump into a
tank of jell-o. They read 3495 hours, and I spent a long time
making up about one third of the total requirement of jell-o.
(We borrowed a 65 gallon stock watering tank.) I put a lot in
8 gallon rubbermaid containers and big buckets. It also arrived at
the school in 5 and 8 gallon buckets. It was neat and very messy.
And we were covered by the Detroit Free Press.
And I have not made Jell-o since then.
The next year we root beer floated her for 4900 hours.

Johnna Holloway