[Sca-cooks] regional potluck

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Aug 14 09:23:47 PDT 2001

"Philip W. Troy & Susan Troy" wrote:

> "Laura C. Minnick" wrote:
>
> > It'll be a few days- once folks get home from Pennsic. There seems to be
> > this tradition of being very silly and OOP during Pennsic because so
> > many- including the Evil List Administrator- are away. Last year it was
> > Twinkies...
>
> Was it only a year ago? And Mario Nebbits the year before? Or wasn't
> last year the jelly bean discussion?

I thought we talked about Twinkies too. I remember the Jelly Beans.
Let's not do that again. :-/  Mario Nebbits was three years back I
think, because it was before I got on the list.

> But yes, when the subscribed population returns from Pennsic, you can
> expect to see considerably more medieval food content to considerably
> more posts.

_Considerably_ more!

> > 'Lainie
> > worried about her sweetie who is a firefighter in Ashland...
>
> Best wishes for Seamus' safe return, with a big bucket of strawberries
> and some whi... well, I'm sure you can figure this out, 'Lainie.

Strawberries? Nah- blackberries. Strawberries are mostly out. But I had
a magnificent blackberry margarita the other night, in this little
Mexican place in Cave Junction- they had sovereign chicken enchiladas in
mole...

I'm not sure where Seumas is at teh moment- he was on duty yesterday,
but I am hoping and praying that he is in town on standby and not out in
the woods. They're pulling back because it's too dangerous out there...

> Oh, and
> best wishes for the Mariners' safe destruction of the Yankees in their
> upcoming meetings.

Oh _yes!_

'Lainie