[Sca-cooks] Lime Jello song

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 15 18:59:10 PDT 2001

Having recently read through the cookbooks at Dad's house, not too
mention the Lieks' food site, I can tell you... RUN AWAY!!!! This poem
has too much truth to it!

My jello?

My brother's favorite, which I make once in awhile just to remember
Sunday evening gathering at Uncle Ed's- green jello, with walnut bits,
cottage cheese, chopped celery, and crushed pineapple. It's not too bad.

For holidays, there must be jello salad of course (thought James thinks
I'm certifiable) and I usually make one I call 'Sunshine Salad' and put
it in individual bowls- the little apple-shaped ones I got for a wedding
present, last century. It's lemon jello, crushed pineapple, shredded
carrot, and mandarin oranges. Can you guess why I like it?

'Lainie
home sick and thinking of comfort foods