[Sca-cooks] No talk?

KarenO kareno at lewistown.net
Fri Aug 17 15:06:38 PDT 2001

Johanna replied:
> The new book coming out by the U of California is already out. It's called
Dangerous Tastes. The Story of Spices. I just reviewed it for Serve It
Forth. Author is Andrew Dalby who wrote Siren Feasts.
> Cost $27.50. It's heavy on the classical side but very useful. Not so much
the trade route men going down to the sea in ships side, but the
cross-cultural side.

        Thanks!  sure beats having me  type the advertisement/review  from
the mag I found it in.  and today,  {TA _DAH!!} I get 134 messages,
including my responses I wrote 2 days ago concerning dessert options &
serving boiled beef tongue.  Glad all this weirdness is hapening during our
annual  *slow* period!

Caointiarn