[Sca-cooks] Breakfasts

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Mon Aug 20 08:15:16 PDT 2001

Siegfried Heydrich <baronsig at peganet.com> [2001.08.20] wrote:

> breakfast WILL be served! When you're starting, and when you're going to
> stop serving (amazing how folks will roll by at 11:00 looking for
> breakfast).

"What? You mean that just because it is now 30 mins after the posted end
time for breakfast, and the fact that the schedule was pointed out to
me when I trolled in, you won't serve me breakfast?"  I've seen them,
ohh yes.

>     We do your basic breakfast - scrambled eggs, meat (bacon or sausage),
> potatoes & onions, toast, coffee (COFFEE!!!). This time I'm adding corned
> beef hash to the menu, as well. Bear in mind that we're selling breakfast,
> not giving it away. Things that are cheap and filling are spiced gruel,
> bubble & squeak (add sausage or chopped bacon & ham with eggs and other
> veggies for a Bauerin Frustuck) (sorry, OE5 doesn't support umlauts . . .)
> People seem to like complex carbs, protein, and lots of grease for
> breakfast.
> And COFFEE!!!

Over here we do a more scandinavian standard; battle creek fluff (or
more likely a much cheaper substitute), perhaps some musli, various milk
products[1], OJ, tea, coffe, bread & butter + cheese/jam/etc, and
oatmeal. Hard boiled eggs will also go. I once tried also putting out a
pot of gruel enforced, and it was actually eaten.

And experience says that the post banquet morning will have a much
higher sugar consumption than the pre banquet ones. Supposedly has to do
with brain chemistry and ethanol intake, but I have not consulted
medical expertice, so ICBW.

Oh, and over here breakfast is generally something you book ahead of
time, just like the feast (e.g. pay for banquet, lunch on Saturday, breakfast
on Friday and Saturday, all separate items).

/UlfR

[1] Typically milk and filmjölk[2], but some packets of yogurt and kefir
will generally be appreciated by those with a strong preference.

[2] One of the several versions of the same theme as yogurt.

--
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
Caution: Reading the medical dictionary will cause you to develop the symptoms