[Sca-cooks] Fw: Crown feasts?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 24 12:17:06 PDT 2001

Greetings to the Cooks' List.  I have sent this gentle the info
about this List and said I would forward the post here.  It
originally appeared on the Middle Kingdom Cooks' List.  (Wonder if
Lucretzia is the London cook she is referring to??)

Alys Katharine

> Hello,
>   I am not in your area, but found your web site in my frantic
search for medieval feast/cooking ideas.  I am living in England and
have just recently joined SCA in earnest.  Well my group was part of
a larger group that disbanded last spring.  We took over-then
discovered that WE needed to do the crown event! arg...  One of our
members said oh sure I'll do feast for it.  Then she was told she
had to move to Australia in 3 weeks.  SOoo I am the one doing feast.
I have never cooked for more than 20 people and not medievally.  I
have been pouring over books and the internet.  I don't even have an
SCA name yet.  I have a limited amount of ketchen space (3 mundane
size british kitchens) and 2 refridgerators.  I have been thinking
that a 3 course meal made of 3 meats, a veg./ rice/ cheeses, and
then 3 deserts. Plus a muled cider/wine and some spiced nuts orange
rind would be good.  I have been thinking that colored dishes would
be fun too.  With one of the deserts being gilded mar!
> !
> chepane.
>   Does anyone have hints or other thoughts for me?  I think I have
two other cooks that have done feasts coming to help me.  One is in
Scotland and one down by London I think.