[Sca-cooks] suggestions please

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Sun Aug 26 17:21:24 PDT 2001

Question 1:  Is the dessert course necessary or may the dessert dishes be
worked into each course making each course a "complete" meal?

Question 2:  Suggestions to add visual interest to this course

Chicken Dumplings (Sabrina Welserin)
<<193>>
Wie man kaponerkrapfen machen soll

Nempt das bret von 2 hennen, wens gesoten jst, hackt es
fein, nempt ain barmisankesß geriben darúnder vnnd gilbts
vnnd rierts dúrchainander/ jr solt aúch múscatblie vnnd
pfeffer dareinthon, macht darnach ain taig an/ macht ain
tinnen blatz vnnd thiet die obgeschribne fille daraúff vnnd
formierts zú ainem krapfen vnnd dient die 2 zipffel zúsamen/
siedts jn ainer fleschbrie wie hert gesottne air vnnd gebts
warm.

Rough translation
the meat of two chicken -cooked and chopped fine. Add parmesan cheese.
Season with mace and pepper.  make a dough into thin flat cakes, fill and
boil in broth

This came out like a chicken version of pork dim sum (redaction still in
process).  I plan on serving it with  Cabbage with Pork (Ein New Kochbuch)
and  An apple puree (Ein Buch von guter Spise)

Taste wise it's great (according to my husband) color wise it leaves much
to be desired.

Thank you
Begga Elisabeth