[Sca-cooks] Personal Iron Chef Challenge

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Aug 27 12:44:29 PDT 2001

> I'm very sorry to hear that there was a death in the family, and that
> you had to miss the funeral.  But, I must say that I do not admire your
> dedication to this hobby.  Everybody is responsible for ranking friends,
> family, hobbies, jobs, pets, etc. in order of personal and practical
> importance.

Yes, that's true.

In choosing to do a feast
> you commit to a great responsibility to your friends, and I do not look
> on that lightly.  But, familial responsibility trumps that.

As you said above, one puts one's responsiblities in order for oneself,
not for others. One also makes value judgements about life events. Some
people consider funerals less important than other life-changing events
(since the person in question is not there, after all).

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa