[Sca-cooks] 13th century feast

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Aug 27 10:04:06 PDT 2001

Some sources for 13th c.:

Islamic: Al-Baghdadi and Manuscrito Anonimo, plus the new stuff that
just came out. I'm not sure how much of it is 13th c. (I have the
book but haven't read it yet), but part of it is an expanded version
of al-Baghdadi.

European: The Anglo-Norman (published in Speculum). The various
descendants of a lost original, of which the recipes in an Icelandic
Medical Miscellany (including Icelandic Chicken--not really
Icelandic--and The Lord's Salt) is one (i.e. Harpestraeng (sp?)). The
French manuscript from about 1300 that is included in Volume II of my
collection.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/