[Sca-cooks] Feast Horror Stories

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 09:24:32 PDT 2001

One of the first feasts I went to as a newbie I watched a kitchen catch fire.

They were serving Goose. They were several on a spit. The cook wanted to
spped them up , so instead of cooking them in the oven, He spitted them over
a fire.

Grease drains........into fire.   POOF!!  Of course, someone threw water on
it as well....

eventually, they were removed from the fire  and put out

and then they were served....charred outside, undercooked inside......Yummy :(

The lesson I learned from this (before I even became an SCA cook) is. Don't
pretend you know what your doing if you really don't. AND   NEVER serve your
mistakes to the populace.

Andrea