[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Aug 28 09:31:42 PDT 2001

Muiredach mac Loloig said:
> >As for capers, in my opinion, they should be found only in one
> >place....the jar.
>
> Olwen, Olwen, Owlen...  And here I thought we had potential for friendship,
> but heck, if you can't deal with capers, we might have to re-think that!
>
> Ohhh but the series of dishes with capers that are awesome.  Yummm!

Like what? I've got some capers, but I've not found a lot of places
to use them, although the recent discussions make me wonder if they
might be good on pizza.

And of course, I have a file in the Florilegium on them:
capers-msg        (14K)  9/14/99    Use of capers in medieval food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/capers-msg.html

but it is rather small. So I'm also interested in any further
information
on the use of capers in period.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net