[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Iron Chef Results

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Aug 28 10:36:29 PDT 2001

snip

> And then, of course, there's the slightly post-period suicide of Vatel,
> who both knew his place in the world, as well as the importance of it.
> He would probably have laughed at the idea of a cooks' competition,
> unless, of course, his master had made a bet, which would be an entirely
> different matter.

I'm not sure I see the difference in practical terms between a cook's
competition set up by a bet and one set up without a bet?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Because the Master's reputation is what is now at stake if a wager is made,
and he is the boss. Margarite