[Sca-cooks] Apprenticing, again...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Aug 28 11:30:02 PDT 2001

> It kinda grates me a little to think of the fact that if I want any kind of
> "recognition" in the SCA, I'd have to apprentice again.  Also, I admit my
> near total ignorance of how a cooking apprenticeship in the SCA involves.

First of all, 'apprenticing' is not required. Secondly, though many see
apprenticing (or being a formal 'protege') as a step toward the peerage,
there are plenty of non-peerage awards in the SCA, so there are plenty of
opportunities to get formal recognition outside of that structure. Check
your local kingdom's awards list for awards beyond the 'Award of Arms'
basic one. Sometimes you will find odd awards, like the East Kingdom's
"Burdened Tiger" for autocrats and cooks of royal progresses...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa