[Sca-cooks] Masque Ball

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:22:48 PDT 2001

Misha you didn't say wheather you wanted period or mundane ideas.  As part
of our Guild I can tell you some of what we put out.  Yes cookies,
shortbread, gingerbread etc.  Sweetcakes and breads such as poppyseed,
raisin, honey, etc.  Cheeses both hard and soft (many we do are homemade but
that is not necessary).  Meats, do a larger piece like roast beef or venison
and serve sliced.  You could do a turkey breast (OOP but a cost/time
effective alternative to chicken unless you do those wing things).  An
offering of breads and butters such as herb, honey, plain.  Nuts (Margherita
makes the best spiced nuts...)  Eggs, deviled, apple-eggs, or tea eggs.
Salmon may not be cost effective for you but Margherita may give you her
gravlax recipe for fish.  Marzipan something.  Cripes, I'm forgetting...it
must be time for us to do another one!
Olwen