[Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 19:18:54 PDT 2001

> > I did use the capital "L".  I meant that I had an AoA, but not a GoA
> > or a "Ladyship" or suchlike.
> >
> > But peers and potentates and peasants alike have been known to
> > gaze reverently when they see me approaching with a laden plate
> > in my hands.  Look upon my works, ye mighty, and drool!
>
> They usually call me Goddess then... ;-)

Show of hands, how many of us have been declared Divine in SCA context at
some time or another?  This happens to just about everyone who does
waterbearing at war, at the very least.  Queen Larissa [when she was queen
of Caid, before she moved] declared me the Chocolate Goddess and this edict
has never been rescinded to the best of my knowlege.

> I have two GoAs, which I think makes me a LadyLady ShipShip- which makes
> me a Flotilla!

I'm only one LadyShip, or as I call myself, a little dinghy.  When my lord
husband earned his Crescent, when we asked him what kind of LordShip he
was, he just said "frigate" or something that sounded like that. <evile
grynne>

> (But I am not docked to a Peer...)
>
> 'Lainie
> running for the Rock with a loaf of garlic bread under each arm...

Yo, take a long walk of this short peer!

Selene, Caid