[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Iron Chef Results

Phil Anderson phil at dev.spis.co.nz
Tue Aug 28 22:02:17 PDT 2001

Wrynne writes:

> 	Wow!  I'm amazingly thick skinned and not sure if I should take
> offense at this or not.

Well, it certainly wasn't _intended_ to be offensive. It's just that when
you said "I find it hard to believe that cooking competitions aren't
"period", I rather got the impression that you were expecting that
people in period would act as modern people do.

> Do I know you?

I expect not, unless it be from some online contact.

>  If not, is this the way people
> normally converse on this list?

Well, on re-reading my post, it doesn't seem out of line to me. No
flames or gratuitous insults or anything like that. When I start out
with a phrase like "I suspect you may be making the mistake..." I'm
certainly implying that I believe you to be _wrong_ in some way, but
no more than that. There's nothing there I'd be upset to have
someone write in a post to me.

Edward Long-hair,
Sothron Gaard, Caid