[Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Aug 29 07:02:02 PDT 2001

And then there was my mother, who had absolutely no connection to the SCA.  One
day she was complaining about being fat.  One of her friends, in an effort to
make her feel better, said, "Oh Amy, you're not fat, you're what I'd call
'portly'!"  My ever quick-thinking Mom replied, "Please, call me fat.  Portly
sounds too much like a battleship!"

Kiri (who lives in a two-peer household, and who once was a lady-ship...but as
the latter came before both of the former.....uhhh......that's 'way too
complicated!)