[Sca-cooks] Gazpacho?

Wed Aug 29 07:50:05 PDT 2001

The Spanish form is gazpacho blanco.  Here's a modern recipe swiped from
Texas Monthly:

Gazpacho

1 1/3 cups blanched almonds
2 large garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
5 thin slices, or 1 medium-size roll, French or Italian bread
(crusts removed, soaked in water, then squeezed thoroughly)
2 to 3 tablespoons wine vinegar or lemon juice, or a combination of both
1 egg white (optional)
3 to 3 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup olive oil

Garnishes

A handful of peeled green grapes and a few slivered almonds per serving

Previous comments about gazpacho blanco can be found in the Florilegium at:

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/gazpacho-msg.html

Bear