[Sca-cooks] Cookie exchange, again :)

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Wed Aug 29 14:16:13 PDT 2001

Ok, new list of respondees for the Cookie Exchange:

Heloise  draculachanter at yahoo.com
Olwen  olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Chirhart  chirhart_1 at netzero.net
Kirsten of Blak Rose  socha at epix.net
Maire  mooncat at in-tch.com
Puck  rkappler at home.com
Catelin O'Kelley  lakotaginger at hotmail.com
Kiri  ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Roana de Laci  rohanna1 at hotmail.com
Margarite & Bear  margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Elizabeth  spynnere at juno.com
Rose  roswtr at yahoo.com
Morvran  welsh10thcent at tds.net
Finnebhir  Druighad at aol.com
Magdalena (myself)  tsersen at nni.com

I'm going through all the e-mails about this - responses have been
quick! and I hope I took note of everybody.  If I missed somebody,
please just yell at me.  I remember a few people discussing things like
logistics, but they never said "Yes, I want in," and I don't want to
make any assumptions.

Here are the dates that look good:

Final RSVP date: Friday, November 23rd.
Cookies must be received at my address by: Friday, December 14th.
In-person get-together to sort cookies for re-shipping: Sunday, December
16th.
Sorted cookies will be sent back out on: Monday, December 17th.
Hopefully, all cookies will be recieved by participants by: Friday,
December 21st.

I'll post periodically to remind people between now and then, and around
the RSVP date I'll give the shipping estimate (it'll be based on how
many participants we have by then = how many cookies will end up being
shipped.)

My mailing address is:
Tara Sersen Boroson
136 Keen Road
Spring City, PA  19475

Please have the cookies sorted into the appropriate number of baggies,
to minimize handling (sanitary as well as Cookie Safety :)  And have the
baggies labeled.  E-mail the recipes to me also before December 14th.
That way, I can copy them as well as html-ize them in time.  If you're
coming to the in-person get-together instead of mailing, send the recipe
by e-mail, but bring your cookies with you instead of mailing them.

Hrm... methinks I shall start designing a Great Cookie Exchange
website.  It'll have guidelines, dates and ultimately the recipes.  I
can also put up an e-mail address list for participants, but I will not
assume that anybody wants to be listed - you'll have to tell me
explicitly that it's ok to post your info.  If this turns out as great
as it sounds, perhaps we can make this an annual event?  :)

-Magdalena