[Sca-cooks] ideas please

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Aug 29 14:34:24 PDT 2001

I've been turning over the idea of the Lord of Misrule as a possible thing to
use for things at the event.  I have also been wondering if the concept of the
Twelfth Night Cake is period.  It seems to me that it should be, but I haven't
found any actual documentation.  I do have a traditional recipe, with
information about how it was used in the early days of New Orleans from the
Picayune cookbook, but that's about it.  Anyone have any ideas?  If it is
period, are there any recipes that we could possibly use?

Kiri