[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]was divinity/now baklava

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 29 16:42:21 PDT 2001

At departmental parties, one of the faculty wives often
brings baklava with pitashio nuts in it. She and her
husband are from Turkey and came here in the 1960's.
They are not Kurds, so I suspect that the pitashio version is
common to the region, be it Kurdish or not. I do know
that I really like it alot and that it's change from the
heavier Greek versions one often encounters.

Johnnae llyn Lewis Johnna Holloway