[Sca-cooks] Capers caper

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 17:52:03 PDT 2001

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:
> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
> >>Also excellent with ultra-fresh raw, skinless and
> >>boneless herring fillets, traditionally
> accompanied
> >>by the capers, chopped onion, and riced
> hard-boiled
> >>egg yolk sprinkled on top. Eaten with bread (real
> >>whole wheat or rye) and butter
> <snip>
> > Oh this is yummy.  It brings back such memories.
> > Except that my family uses pumpernickel and
> sliced,
> > whole hardboiled eggs.
>
> Oh, that is terrible. Scandalous. Tell you what.
> Next time you do this,
> I'll save you from yourself and eat it for you. Not
> because I want to,
> just so you don't come to any harm from this
> dangerous practice.
>
> That's just the kinda guy I am.
>
> Adamantius

Scandalous or scandahovian?  Actually, my family is
from further up the Baltic coast from Denmark.  They
were from Prussia, which may account for the
pumpernickel.

As for saving me, does this mean that if I make this,
you would fly all the way to Caid to save me?  If so,
I can tell you I will be making this on Saturday,
Sept. 29th, here in Caid.  When shall I pick you up at
the airport?  Oh, and bring some cuskynoles.

Huette

PS: His Grace, Duke Cariadoc will be here.  Bring
cuskynoles.

=====
shall never cease to be amused.