[Sca-cooks] Olwen's apple eggs

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 06:07:06 PDT 2001

>>The apple eggs were made by Alainne and myself.
>
>Olwen - I've seen the picture of these and am just a wee bit confused.
>
>They're actual eggs and not marizipan - yes??
>
>and if yes - are they just hardboiled and then painted & glazed??
>
>mari
>(dreaming of becoming a Soltie-junkie)

Eggs.  Yes.  Hard boiled.  Peel while hot, pinch while hot to dimple them (I
keep a bowl of cool water to dash my hand in while holding the hot egg).
Once the dimple is set put it aside to dry and keep peeling/dimpling till
all are done.  Smear on in an uneven coat some yellow food colouring then
follow that with an uneven coat of red food colouring.  I use washed rose
leaves insterted with a clove with the round bit on it for the top and for
the bottom dimple I use a clove without a round bit.
Dead easy.
Good luck
Olwen