[Sca-cooks] Chocolate Mousee was Re: Steak Tartar

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 30 10:27:25 PDT 2001

Keep the mousse really well-chilled if you go out of doors with it, alright?  My
best chocolate thing for outdoors is Fondue, based loosely on the recipe in one of
the Two Fat Ladies' books.  I make it in a pie-pan heated over a 4-candle lantern
designed for the purpose of putting a tea pot on top, very nice gadget.  I pour in
semi-sweet chocolate chips, a splash of heavy cream, a splash of Grand Marnier
[Chambord would do well, I'll warrent], stir until melted, dip in cookies or cake
bits or fruit pieces or berries, add some more chocolate, some more cream, a lot
more liqueur, an so on.  We make friends easily with this one.  This is what I call
camp cooking!

Selene, wussy camper in Caid