Queso Blanco.. Re: [Sca-cooks] New Cheese

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Aug 31 09:53:29 PDT 2001

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa asked:
> > Anything from Latino queso blanco,
>
> Which reminds me... the new discount store has queso blanco. If I buy
> some, what do I DO with it? It says something about 'frying' on the
> package...

It's a good melting cheese. Melt it, mix in some chopped, roasted
New Mexican Green Chilies (which just came into season)and use it
to dip fresh, fried, tortilla chips into.

Or use it to top a good bowl of chili (stew).

Or place on top of a torilla, top with peppers or onions or
chorizo, fold over and place in the oven for a while for
quesodillas.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net