[Sca-cooks] Cookie exchange - postage info

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Wed Dec 5 08:09:47 PST 2001

Hello, all.  Here's a reminder on the Cookie Exchange!

First, I went checking on the USPS website for final postage
information.  I thought postage was the same no matter where you sent it
(as with envelopes) but apparantly I'm wrong.  So, please check
http://postcalc.usps.gov/zipwt.asp?LP=package&BL=off&OV=off
using my zip code (19475) as the "From" and your zip code as the "To" to
determine how much you need to send with your cookies for return
postage.  I'm assuming the boxes will be about 6 pounds, so do it for 7
pounds to be safe.  I see that for far away zip codes (like California,)
the difference between Parcel Post and Priority Mail is negligible (i.e.
$12.53 vs. $13.30.)  For people closer to me, the price difference is
much greater (i.e. $4.14 vs $8.40,) and delivery time on regular parcel
post is very quick anyway.  So, ya'll are free to choose whichever
method you'd like me to use to send the cookies back.  Just include a
note in the box.

Second, I realized that I forgot to count myself when I posted the final
count two weeks ago.  So, if you already have your cookies done and
packaged, well, it's my own dumb fault so don't make more for me ;) But,
if you haven't made them yet, the total count is 33.

The cookies need to be here at my house for sorting by the weekend of
the 15th (we're sorting them on Sunday the 16th.)

Looking forward to COOKIES!

-Magdalena