[Sca-cooks] AoAs

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 5 11:42:38 PST 2001

Misha said:
> Stefan, at least you HAVE an AoA. I'm still waiting to get my name passed
> :).

Well, you don't need a passed name to get an AoA. In fact, my
recommendation to new folks, is to pick a first name relatively
fast, so that folks don't have to learn your regular/mundane
name and then have to make the transistion to your SCA name. However,
I tell them the last name can wait. My AoA scroll says "Stefan
of Bryn Gwlad" because at that time, a year or two after I joined,
I still didn't have a registered name.

As to the AoA, it can get delayed for various reasons. One of the
most prevalent seems to be because folks already think you have
one. Perhaps this file in the NEWCOMERS section of the Florilegium
might prove useful to you:
Getting-an-AoA-art (9K)  6/22/98    "How to Get an AoA" by Gunnora
Hallakarva.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NEWCOMERS/Getting-an-AoA-art.html

It is much better for people to assume you already have an award
and accord you the respect attached to that, than to have the
award and have people wonder "Why would he/she get that award. Who'd
he/she sleep with".

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net