[Sca-cooks] peer fear

Richard Kappler rkappler at home.com
Fri Dec 7 10:41:29 PST 2001

> No no - the one & original (with wife-knife bearing attachments and
> tre-amusing progeny) is fine - he can come visit and we'll take it in
turns
> to sit at his feet and be amazed and amused....
>
> :-p
>
> Mari

Oh puhleeeease!  I have enough trouble with his ego as it is, lets stop the
stroke fest, okay? :-)

On a seperate but related note... conversation at dinner last night with the
Cute Little Red Haired Girl at Puck's Glen on the island of Grand Fenwick:
her: "So dear, how many people do you think will be crashing here for 12th
Night?"
me:  "Ummmm......well, lessee, Adamantius and kin, Master Ateno and kith,
ummm.... Andrea"
her: {raised eyebrow} "and WHO is Andrea?"
me:  "A fellow cook dearest."
her:  "uh hunh"
me:  "Where was I, oh yeah, Gunthar, Stefan and his Lady..."
her:  "You mean 'Speth?  Why are Steffan and 'Speth crashing here?"
me:  "No, cornerstone of my existence, not Steffan, Stefan."
her:  "Well who is he?  I don't know half of these people you've invited to
stay here...."
me:  "You know him, center of my universe.  Or at least, you know OF him.
He's on the cooks list."
her:  "No, I DON'T know him.  Who IS he?"
me (really starting to enjoy this):  "Stefan.  You know, as in Stefan's
Florilegium?"
It really is an amazing sight when mashed potatoes violently issue from such
a delicate little LeFleur's mouth.  Not as good as Coca-Cola from the nose,
but I digress.
her: "STEFAN'S COMING HERE???? WHAT, ARE YOU NUTS??? YOU'RE BRINGING _THE_
GUNTHAR, MASTER A, MASTER ATENO, AND _STEFAN_ HERE?!??!?!?!?  NEXT YOUR
GOING TO TELL ME CARIADOC'S COMING TOO!!!"
me:  "Well, yeah, why not?  They're all good people hon.  We'll have fun.
And no, Cariadoc couldn't make it."
her:  unintelligible noises for a moment, then "RICHARD KAPPLER!!!!  Don't
you realize who these people ARE?!?!"
me:  "Oh, and don't forget 'Lainie and Seumas and Bear and...."
at this point she started screaming unintelligibly about cleaning the house
and what to wear and demigods and things just deteriorated from there.  I
guess you just hadta be there.  :-)

regards, Puck