[Sca-cooks] fermenting fruit

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 12 15:21:26 PST 2001

Mel commented:
> Drake and I had that problem in one of the houses we lived in.  We had whole
> fruit that would start to ferment in its skin within 48 hours of being in
> the house.  I'm sure Drake can regale you with his story of the Pineapple
> Wine .....

The fruit fermented while it was still in its skin??? I would have
thought an intact skin would pretty much proof against that. Or
was this really "mostly" intact skin with some cracks or cuts
where the spores(?) could get in?

Well, Pineapple wine does sound better than fermenting milk or
broccoli.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net