[Sca-cooks] castelletes

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Dec 12 16:29:05 PST 2001

Maire said:
> Elizabeth/Betty Cook wrote:
> > Do you know how they made the pastry for the castelletes? The minimal
> > experimenting I did with this a while back resulted in towers that
> > collapsed.

> I've never made the stuff, myself, Mistress, but I know of at least one
> person in our kingdom who has, and she's on this list (Hi, Constance
> <g>).  She did this really nifty (and tasty) subtlety for our Kingdom
> A&S Competition the year she won.  It was a pastry castle with different
> goodies (sauces, I seem to recall) in the towers.  The pastry was
> sturdy, but quite edible.  Heck, she even hand-ground the flour to
> approximate medieval flour texture.
> I know she's got documentation for it--don't know if if was one of the
> files she donated to the Florilegium, but this note should smoke her out
> of lurk-mode, and you could probably ask her for a copy directly....

Yes, Constance has submitted this documentation to me. When I have time
I will be adding that one to the Florilegium as an article. I also have
several more of hers to add. Unlike the usual text messages, Constance
uses things like italics and bold in her documents which takes me more
time to work around yet still keep a reasonable appearance. Using Word
to generate the HTML, even though it will handle such things like
italics and bold attributes often results in real ugly and often
inconsistant formating. So I fret over it and do other things. :-(

I can however, send a copy of the documentation in the original
format to any who might be interested.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net