[Sca-cooks] Cookies - things are getting exciting :)

Tara Sersen Boroson tsersen at nni.com
Fri Dec 14 12:20:23 PST 2001

Ya'll should see the stack of cookie boxes that are taking over my
dining room.  Sunday's the sorting day!  I can't wait to taste things!

Ok, first I have a bunch of administrative stuff, then some fun notes.

I still need recipes from a bunch of people, and I didn't get shipping
money from everybody (but some people are sending it under seperate
cover, so I'll give it a few days before bugging people for that.)  I'm
missing a few addresses.  I also got one package that I couldn't match
to the sender.

I haven't received everybody's cookies yet, but there's still this
afternoon's delivery and tomorrow so I'm not worrying; But, there are a
few people from whom I haven't heard since really early on, so I want to
make sure that these folks are still participating.  If you're name is
on this list, please reassure me that you're still in!
Angustias
Dianora
Elizabeth Heckert
Margherita the Weaver
Puck
Raoghnailt
Roana de Laci
Susan

Folks who are listed below, can you get your address to me so I can make
sure I've got 'em?  I know they'll probably be on the return address
labels, but just in case...
Beatrix zumDunkleturn
Dianora
Elizabeth Heckert
Heloise
Margarite & Bear
Morgan Cain
Roana de Laci
Sarah
Selene

I received one package 3-day air UPS, without a mundane or SCA name and
I didn't recognise the address.  Maybe it was one of the people above :)
  Who sent this one?  The only Indiana address that I have on the list
is Morvran - was this one yours?
MBE
Ste 3 N
500 Sagamore Parkway West
West Lafayette, In  47906

The cookies I have received so far are from:
Aethelwulf Omund
Artemesia & Wolfe
Caointairn
Chirhart
Finnebhir & Muiredach
Helewyse de Birkestad
Katerine de Develyn
Kiri
Leofwynn alte Gos
Lucrezia-Isabella de Freccia
Maire
Muiredach macLoloig
Rose
Stefan
and that before-mentioned mystery package.

If anybody wants to come to the sorting party and hasn't already
contacted me for directions to get here, let me know!

Now for the fun notes...

Today the UPS man felt the need to back down my driveway.  I saw him
coming down slowly, stopping and going foward to straighten himself out
periodically, then giving up half-way down.  I figured he'd have a whole
pile of boxes for me.  No, he had one.  All that trouble because he
didn't want to walk down with one light box.  There's no accounting for
logic sometimes...

Helewyse de Birkestad sent me her own return shipping label with the
postage already attached instead of a check - awesome idea!  If we do
that again next year, I'm going to encourage everybody to do that.

I've covered the piles of boxes with red and gold chenille throw
blankets to keep inquiring pet noses at bay.  It's quite a festive scene!

People used a huge variety of packaging methods.  I'm going to reuse as
much of the packaging as possible, and supplement it with air-popped
corn.  That reminds me... I have to get out to my parent's house to
borrow their air-popper...

-Magdalena