[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1137 - 18 msgs

Amanda Baker sca-cooks at treaclemine.cix.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 00:38:22 PST 2001

Morning, all!

        (Rats, looks like my email line lengths were too long.  BTW,
just because a digest looks fine in any particular email program, doesn't
mean that it is 'well formed'; it just might be screwed up in a way that
your mailer also screws things up, and so double-backed-unscrewed purely
by chance for one or two people... I think this is the root of many a
mangled posting on this and other emailing lists. )

Olwen said:

> I think the problem is a Welsh one.  I don't see any '=' after her
> lines.  Silly woman.  I hope you are having a great holiday season!

        Who are you calling silly? :-) Actually, I thought niccolo was a
masculine name, so now I _am_ confused!

> I hope you are having a great holiday season!

        Just winding up to start the first day of it now... Hope you
all had a Kewl Yule yesterday :-)

> I don't brine a lot of things.  I certainly do brine turkey before I
> put it in the smoker.  It keeps the bird nice and juicy and tender.
> I stick the bird in a great big pot with brine water and spices
> overnight.

        But, (to channel Stefan for a moment, with his permission),
why does it need to be brine? Why not some unsalted liquid?

> As far as the magazine, I'll see if I can find an old copy around
> my place (or buy a new copy) and send it to you so you can do your
> own comparison.  =

        Ooh! A lost '=' sign... :-)
> I did see a place online where you could order a free copy.  Here
> is the site
> http://www.100-free-magazines.com/magazines/cook's-illustrated.htm

        Don't know if it would work to the UK anyhow, but there weren't
any copies available when I checked.

        All the best!

        Amanda