[Sca-cooks] period cheesecake

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Dec 22 00:52:37 PST 2001

Huette asked:
> > One of the space fillers was a thing that looked
> > like an eighth-page ad.  It
> > read: "remember: cheesecake is period!  Vicente says
> > so!"
> >
> > Vicente
>
> Okay.  What is your documentation to back this claim?

I'm not sure if you are just teasing Vicente, or whether you are
really wanting documentation on the periodness of cheesecake.

If the latter, and understand whether you would consider these recipes
to be evidence of cheesecake or not, may depend upon your exact
definition of "cheesecake", check the recipes given in this file
in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
cheesecake-msg    (40K)  7/ 6/01    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheesecake-msg.html

Here is just one of the recipes from that file:

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net