[Sca-cooks] Biscotti results

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Fri Dec 28 18:31:23 PST 2001

At 08:37 AM 12/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Make some coffee, that's a good thing.  And while you're at it, here's the
>basic biscotti recipe.
>Bear
 The coffee is made.  I just munched down on the second or third piece of
biscotti. I wanted a very almond flavor, so I traded the anisette for Creme
de Noyeux (if I spelled it correctly), an almond liquor. The recipe made a
lot. So, next time I plan to make three logs instead of just two. I didn't
bake it long enough the first time, even though I added an extra 10 minutes
baking time to adjust for the thicker logs.  It wasn't completely baked and
was doughy in the center.
I sliced and rebaked per the recipe, and I concluded these should not be
baked on the bottom shelf. The bottom tray was a lot browner on the bottom
than the top tray. Not burned, exactly, but not the brown color I expected.
 The almond liquor was red, so the dough came out pink, and stayed sorta
pink after baking. But, it tasted just like I wanted it to.
Thanks Bear for the recipe. Next time, anise.

Liadan