[Sca-cooks] spice mixes

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 31 08:45:53 PST 2001

>James likes to give staff (cook staff or autocrat staff) bottles of
>Powder Forte, Powder Douce, etc. He's had people ask to work in the
>kitchen again with the "Are you giving out spices again?..."

Do you all have any recipes for these mixes?  I've been TRYING to do
research on period curries and this was mentioned on one of the websites.

On a similar note, do any of you have any good websites you can turn me too
in regards to curry history?  I found a few but most of them don't go into
detail about the history (and I can't tell how accurate they are).

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

--Arte