[Sca-cooks] BTW Hey Stefan.

margaret m.p.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 2 12:41:14 PST 2001

>Once upon a time I must have really like peanut butter and jelly
>sandwiches, since I took them for lunch every day in second grade.
>Now I detest them.

It may not have been your taste at all. Back in the late 40's one of the
ladies magazines my mother read said that peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches
were the best lunch for kids to carry to school because it didn't need to be
refrigerated. My mother, who was very conscious of food spoilage, therefore
sent PB&J in school lunches for the next twenty years. The years are not an
exaggeration as my youngest brother is ten years younger than I. None of my
siblings will touch them but we all like PB & and tomatoes are fresh off the
vine. As there are seven of us, this gets an interesting reaction from
caterers at family reunions. A goodly percentage of the next generation get
in on the act as well so about two thirds of the crowd will request this for
lunch. Margarite