[Sca-cooks] SWEETENED RED BEAN PASTE

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 2 17:53:34 PST 2001

I've never seen it with soy.  It seems to me that the fact that it is
dairy, and therefore "exotic", is part of what  appeals to the Japanese.
Then, of course, they added their own flavoring, because dairy and vanilla
were a bit too exotic...

I've sold a lot of cocoa mix to Japanese tourists. They'll buy a dozen
boxes, to bring home! Again, it seems to be exotic - "You'll never guess
what they have in New York! And it's really quite good, if you'll just
bring an open mind to it..."

I don't think I've ever had halvah ice cream. Halvah, yes, ice cream, yes,
but not together. Now I'm curious!

Anne

Unfortunately